The most awestriking part of Shar Planina is its Central region. Many popular routes there take you to some of the most alpine-like region of the massif but one and probably the most beautiful route is from the Ski Center Popova Shapka to Titov Vrv via the ridgeline route. It is a very demanding but very rewarding hike of 20km with 1.811m D+ that usually takes between 4-5 hours one-way.
The beginning of the hike is hard – as you leave your hut/hotel at Popova Shapka ski center at altitude of 1700 m asl. - 800 vertical meters await you to climb Mount Ceripashina
(2525 m asl.). You just have to follow the ropeway and the actual path is on the famous downhill ski piste named “Ceripashina”. As you reach the top of the ridgeline, you will immediately forget the hardship you have just endured – an amazing view of the Upper Leshnica valley
and Plat peak
(2398 m) opens up below.
Nonetheless, all the way to Titov Vrv the ridgeline route offers 360 degree panorama of all Shar Planina Mountain massif
. Its central location in the massif will make you have more and more sightseeing brakes for your eyes can never get tired of the natural beauty that lies around you. Walking to Titov vrv – the second highest peak in North Macedonia with 2747 meters asl – you will climb over “smaller” summits Sin Vrv
(2550 m), Karabunar
(2600 m) and Bakardan peak
(2702 m asl.).
And, at last, as the hike takes you to the Summit of Titov vrv
- the glacial valey of Leshnica creek gets more and more amazing. An unspoiled and untouched nature for hours and hours to explore – except for the brick 3 story tower that stands as a guard over the remarkable Shar Planina massif.
|CHALLENGING||up to 30km / 19mi/ 5-9 hours||Long hikes with possible long and steep ascents and descents. Trails may be rough and rugged. ||Experienced hikers who love a good challenge. Should be ready to walk all day with more elevation gain|
When To Go
|Possible||15 May – 31 May and 01 October to 15 November|
|Recommended||01 June – 30 September|
|Not available||16 November – 14 May|
Available on request
INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- Mobile app with maps and route descriptions
- Detailed hiking route descriptions and maps
- Local safety information and contacts
- Stand-by support
- Organization and logistic by Macedonia Travel
NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE:
OPTIONS & SUPPLEMENTS:
- Private arrival / departure transfers available on request
- • Extra night before or after the tour in Popova Shapka ski resort:
- In mountain hut “Konak”(private rooms): from 15 €/ per person sharing double room. Single supplement: 8 euro
- In hotel ‘Scardus’ 4*: from 26 €/ per person sharing double room. Single supplement: 10 €.
- Rent of Global Positioning System (GPS) console: 45 €
Arrival & Departure
By bus and car / van transfer from Skopje:
Buses start from Skopje Central Bus Station
to Tetovo Bus Station
. Price for one way ticket: 3 € From bus station in Tetovo we will arrange transfer to Popova Shapka ski resort – price 10 € Taxi / private transfer from Skopje:
Available on requestPlease contact the agency for current bus / train schedules
Why Travel With Us?
ADVENTURES FOR EVERYONE
You only pay for what you want. We offer different levels of accomodation and comfort for every budget and travel style. Please read carefully the includes and excludes items and create the trip that is most convenient for you.
Since 2004 we create authentic, high quality tours in the Balkans. North Macedonia is our homeland, we have walked and biked every corner and we make sure that the balance between the activities, the "must see" attractions and the "off-the-beaten-track" experiences gives you the true Balkan - intense, hearth warming and often life changing experience.
- strict company risk management on each tour that we operate
- available 24/7 for anything from enquiries to emergencies
- smartphone navigation app in addition to the printed detailed route information and maps
- we give you a wireless modem on the trip so you can be easily located at any time in case of emergency